Friday 21 December 2012

Soft spot - Carla Bruni Sarkozy

I've loved her from the days when I used to admire her on the pages of fashion magazines as I was growing up.

I am oblivious to the scandals and gossip surrounding her, paying attention only to her unique look.

I missed her when she disappeared from public view.

I was surprised to learn that she had turned to music and even more surprised to find that she wasn't half bad.

I was stunned to see her marry the President of France and pained to see her reduced to wearing those kitten heels and matronly outfits that failed to reflect her personality.

I was relieved to see that, even in this formal wear, she was still interesting.

I was happy for her when her pregnancy was announced.

And, finally, I was delighted to see her as guest editor and guest star on the cover of the December '12/ January '13 edition of Vogue Paris. With beautiful photography inside that shows a return of her former self and offers a glimpse of her melancholic beauty.

So yes, I confess - I have a soft spot. Can you blame me?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment and I promise to get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you for dropping by!