Thursday 15 November 2012

MMM, it's finally here!

Today is the day! Marked with red in many a fashionistas' calendars, today is the day when the Maison Martin Margiela collection for H&M finally hits stores the world over and there are bound to be quite a few lines around the block for this one, not the mention the odd battle over the desired item. And desired items they are - for almost a month now, since the entire collection photos were made available to the public, we've been coveting them, dreaming about them and thinking of all the ways in which they will fit into our wardrobes (ok, so I'm just assuming we've all been doing and it wasn't just me :P).

I confess I am a little bit biased, as these collaboration is, to my mind, one of the best H&M has done so far. Not that I'm any kind of Martin Margiela fan to begin with - while I like his designs as a concept, there's usually no inner calling to make them my own. Still, his work for H&M is not only creative, but more wearable. I like the way in which the masculine shapes have been adapted to suit feminine shapes, and I like the oversized volumes which impress without swallowing you up whole. The optical illusion of a luxury couture has never looked better in a retail collection. One or two items are certainly going to bring a breath of fresh air to any wardrobe, by decomposing and reconstructing clothes. I admit to being very excited to see how the collection will find its way into different wardrobes and the combinations available to us.

In preparation for today, I've had the MMM for H&M TV commercial on repeat - it's got such amazing visuals, they set off the clothes beautifully.



I guess all that's left to do now is to go shop. My aims for the day? Below are my top 5 looks, but, really, the plexiglass heeled shoes are THE one item I will NOT go home without.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment and I promise to get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you for dropping by!