Saturday 10 November 2012

Guilty pleasure of the day

Aviator jacket from Mango


When I was a kid, Antoine de Saint-Exupery's Little Prince was one of my favourite books. Hell, who I am kidding? It still is. Only a few months ago I was walking around all proud of my Moleskine Little Prince special edition (I was so excited when I got it, it felt like Christmas morning). But I'm getting off topic. I just would like you to imagine my huge love for the author, who was also a pilot. Couple it with the awe I felt when I first read about Amelia Earhart and the unforgettable picture of Katharine Hepburn in the signature pilot jacket. What do you get? Aviator jacket mania.

Two years ago, when the runways were full with reinterpretations of the classic jacket, from Burberry to Phillip Lim, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven - everywhere I looked, I saw these jackets. And I wanted them all and... none at the same time. Because none was just quite perfect. So I missed out on the moment and lived regretting it ever since. Until I saw this jacket from this year's Mango collection. And fell in love. I love the colour, love the build, the asymmetric zipper, the details on the arms. I need to have it! Now, Santa, if you'd just be a dear... :)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your kind comment!
    By the way, this jacket is awesome. This season Mango's collection is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you also :) I have to agree... after the last two seasons in which they failed to impress me, I think Mango really did a good job this time around!

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment and I promise to get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you for dropping by!