Thursday 8 November 2012

Best fashion on November covers

Just because this is a blog or just because it is true that I use the Internet to get informed about practically everything, it does not mean I have forgotten about those beautiful, printed, glossy things called "magazines". In fact, every month I look forward to sitting down in a cozy corner with my favourite ones and relish like no other the moment I first flip through their pages, ready to be immersed into a different "fashion" world and be inspired. I have this game I like to play - whenever I see a cover, I try to guess what the editorial might look like, what outfits and atmosphere the stylist chose for the shoot based solely on that first page impression. "Cover watching" is, for me, an important monthly occupation and so, it's only natural that I have a list in my mind with the best covers of November and the amazing fashion they feature, isn't it?

  • Aline Weber on the cover of Vogue Mexico wearing Lanvin (I cannot even begin to talk about the beauty of that dress or the way in which the colour complements her, I would just never stop. And this would be without even mentioning the accessories!).



  • In the most ironic twist of all, given the news we received earlier this week, Kristen Stewart wears Balenciaga on the cover of Glamour Poland. I have to say, however, that this one made the cut solely because of my long-lasting love for Nicolas Ghesquiere; apart from that, let's face it, the styling is appalling for this level of the game.


  • Sarah Jessica Parker in a classic, yet edgy cut-out number of Calvin Klein Collection and a beautiful mother-of-pearl collar necklace from House of Lavande on the cover of US Elle (kudos for the magazine for going patriotic with only local designers in election months).


  • An almost unrecognizable Arizona Muse in menswear inspired tailoring and a sleek back do for Vogue Russia.


  • Naomie Harris rides the Skyfall wave of fame right onto the cover of InStyle UK and sizzles in a fierce number by Amanda Bellan (a designer who really deserves a little bit more exposure and credit).


  • Dolce & Gabbana and their baroque trend strike again! After Victoria's Secret angel Miranda Kerr hot cover for Marie Claire Australia last month, this November it's Jessie J's turn for Elle UK. To me this one is a non-compete: Jessie J totally nailed the Sicilian attitude!


  • Rihanna looking very un-Rihanna-like in a Valentino class act on the cover of US Vogue. One example that the girl cleans up nice, if she wants to.



  • Stepping far away from the Anna Karenina persona she portrayed in last month's Vogue cover, Keira Knightley shows her edgier side, in Chanel, on the front of W magazine.



  • Last, but not least, in a style lesson we'd be fools to forget, Eva Mendes shows us on the cover of Glamour France that you can still sizzle in this season's printed T-shirt trend (courtesy of Givenchy).






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment and I promise to get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you for dropping by!